Friday, December 11, 2015

Cabo Cabo Cabo!!!!


This weekend we went on an adventure to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!  I went diving for most of my time there (surprise, surprise) but there is a ton to do in Cabo!  Darren went paddle boarding and Ashley went snorkeling but there are so many options!

Things you can do in Cabo:

  1. Go Humpback Whale Watching (if the season is right)
  2. Stand Up Paddleboard near the Arch
  3. Go on a tour to the arch
  4. Kayak
  5. Watch the Sea Lions
  6. Dive
  7. Snorkel
  8. Fly in an ultralight 
  9. Lay on the beach
  10. People Watch (it’s really entertaining in Cabo and most of the people are just really happy)
  11. Be entertained by all of the people trying to sell you things
  12. Go Zip lining, ATV riding/Other outdoorsy adventure things
For me, Cabo was like the disneyland of Mexico (similar to Cancun) but less taken over by all of the huge resorts.  The huge resorts are still there just a bit further away from the main city.  

Xochitl was super nice and offered to bring us along to Cabo as her and Darren were going to a birthday party.  Ashley and I stayed in a hostel in town (Baja’s Cactus Hostel) which was just 15 dollars an night to stay in the dorm and nice for a hostel.  The room was big, they had hot water and AC at night once you asked for it to be turned on.  The people were wicked friendly and I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel.  

 My second favorite creature after whale sharks is nudibranchs and I got to see some that I had never seen before! I did a few dives in the corrider and a few in the marine park.  I also found Xochitl’s sunglasses which she had lost on the previous day (the chances of that are definitely 1 in a million) and I should have bought a lottery ticket that day.  I actually found two pairs! We went to look for whales between dives and saw one breath on the surface! We also saw sea lions, massive bait balls of jacks, eels, crabs and other cool underwater critters!  I took about 400 photos, I'll just upload one or two! :)

I also spent some time hanging out at the beach.  It was gorgeous and there was a cruise ship in the port.  The sand there is really nice because it’s not the kind that just sticks to everything.  Good sand = good beach.  I didn’t make it down to the Mango Deck area but from what I’ve heard, it is quite a sight.  

Everyone else left early on Monday but I stayed to dive a bit more in the afternoon.  I took the bus back and again, it was my lucky day! The bus company had a special for three times throughout the afternoon and the bus I wanted to take was discounted to just 190  pesos.  The ride is about two hours, the bus is comfy and I just watched movies on the way back.  


To sum it all up, I loved Cabo!

-Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Traveling in protection in enjoy and style to your night out in Los Cabos. We source a huge range of Taxi that can accommodate both small and large organizations. Many can be provided with complimentary drinks and are fitted with excellent sound systems too. Los Cabos Transfers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking.
    Whale Watching in Cabo

    ReplyDelete